6.21.2011

Happy Fathbirthanni Trip

The Mr.'s birthday, Father's Day, & our anniversary are all within a week of eachother.  So this year I got smart & rolled them all into one.  Hence the name Happy Fathbirthanni Trip.  Since it's my turn this year to make plans for our anniversary, I decided it was high time to take my Mr. out on the town.  The best dates we've had as of late is to window shop at Target till 9pm & then happily visit Coldstone Creamery for yummy ice cream concoctions that just happen to be buy one get one free after 9.

So we packed a suitcase & headed up to the valley.  We spent Thursday evening at Chase Field to see the Diamondbacks beat the Giants.  We are much more of a basketball family, but baseball is a very close second.  I bought tickets online & had no idea the whereabouts of our seats.  It turns out we were in the bleacher seats, just 4 rows back from the outfield.  And no one sat directly in front of us.  So we had a great view of the game & loved watching our guys huddle around homeplate for a little celebrating at the end.



The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel {I am in love with Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls} & then rushed to do a little thrifting before heading to the movies to see Pirates of the Caribbean 4.  I think this was my most favorite of them all.  And after all that pirate watching, we worked up an appetite.  So I took the Mr. to his favorite restaurant - PF Chang's. 


He had a chicken dish with white rice.


 I had lettuce wraps.  Mmmmm.  I am normally not a mushrooms kind of girl, but I don't mind them in the least when eating this yumminess.


Then we were off to do more thrifting.  We came home with a couple things {which will be shared in a future post, of course!}.   And all that thrifting left us hungry yet again.  So before heading home, we found our way to The Coffee Shop.  Now we are not a coffee drinking family, but this place has cupcakes that get great reviews.  If you live in the southeast Phoenix area, it's definitely worth checking out. 


 I got a Boston Cream Pie & the Mr. had a pretty Triple Berry.  The verdict - pure deliciousness.  I wanted another but I knew my thighs would hate me later.  So I stopped at one.  We are definitely bringing the kids back to this place.  It's even cooler that this place, along with another restaraunt, is snuggled on the same land as a working farm.  There's a community behind it called Agritopia, complete with a community garden.  It's my idea of heaven.  Yes, it's kinda been a dream of mine to live on a farm.  Or at least own a lot of land and grow a ginormous garden.  So this place is cool in my book.


 Then it was back to reality.  My mom & step-dad were very sweet to spend our 2 days away with our kiddos.  We got home & the blow up pool was out, the outside toys were scattered on the driveway & homemade snickerdoodle cupcakes were on the counter, freshly baked.  A good time was had by all.

I highly recommend taking your Mr. away for a couple of days.  We both felt refreshed & ready to tackle day to day things with clearer minds.

Have you been away with your loved one?  I'd love to hear of your adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: