8.29.2012

sometimes i wear vintage

The house we owned in Arizona had closets aplenty with shelves in them and so we had no need for dressers.   The closets in the home we are renting currently are not as large as I had wished for, but I am grateful at the very least for a good roof over our heads.  With school approaching I am finding a need for dressers - a place to store the kid's clothes inside and their treasures on top.  While out on our hunt last weekend, I found this simple green dress sandwiched between a hundred others at the thrift store.  I knew the moment I saw it that it had to be mine.  I checked the tag for size & it was missing but I had a gut feeling it would fit.  So I grabbed it & bought it just before the store closed.  I wore it to church the next week, pairing it with my favorite black sweater which is looking very tired because I wear it all the time.  I think it's time to get a new favorite black sweater ;)  The Mr. happily snapped a few shots so I could share it with you.



I don't own much green but I like the color and look forward to adding more of it into my wardrobe. 

xo,
--Anna

7 comments:

  1. Cute as always! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I had a bad case of missing AZ this last week. I miss your sweet smile :)

      Delete
    2. That is because it was my birthday week! ;) I miss our chats!

      Delete
  2. Dearie, this dress looks fabulous on you. I have been on the hunt for the perfect cardigan and I think I have finally found it. It's the Jackie O one from J Crew. It is a little pricey but I wait for their email discount codes. I've wasted so much money on the hunt for the perfect cardigan. Love and hugs, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love cardigans & can't wait to add more to my wardrobe this Fall. I've been reading your sweet blog long enough to know that you rock cardigans & vintage. You've been one of my inspirations to add more vintage into my wardrobe and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great green dress, darling glasses, GORGEOUS smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't get in front of the camera much but enjoyed putting this outfit post together. I am sure there will be more in the future. Have a great day!!

      Delete

These lovely people had something to say: