12.04.2009

CHRISTMAS TREE, OH CHRISTMAS TREE....

....How lovely are these super cute branches??




I picked up some pearl pins from the sewing section in The Walmart (yes, we call it The Walmart because Mike's parents call it that & we think it's so funny). They look so pretty on these little trees. I made the scalloped tree from one sheet of Collage Press paper called Little Flurries (which came in my December kit from Simply Obsessed). How cute of a name for paper is that?! I cut out all the scallops with my slit punch from Stampin' Up! & then layered them (starting at the bottom & working my way up), alternating the sides of paper for each row (it's double-sided & oh so cute!).

The plaid tree was a little more complicated (but not much, so have no fear if you want to give it a try & make one of your own). I rolled all the pieces using a pencil. And then I pinned them all down with the pearl pins. I used some glue dots too, just to give them some extra sticky power. Most of the tree is plaid (Oh What Fun! paper), but I also used some pink (Wonderland) & some worded paper (Cheery & Bright) from the SO kit too. The worded paper is text from Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I LOVE that!!! For this tree, I started on the top first & worked my way to the bottom. I added some Ice Glitter Glaze from Lil' Davis Designs to the edges of the pink strips & the top piece of chipboard (see photo below).


See the sparkle?? :)

Making these really got me into the holiday scrappy mood. I've been busy making LO's that are stacking up on my desk. I'll be sharing those in a day or 2.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: