11.02.2010

rediscovering: crafty things

Welcome to day 2 of rediscovering.  I like to make things.  All kinds of sweet things.  I get a little stir crazy if I go for more than 2 days without doing something crafty.  But I wasn't always this way....

As a freshman in college, I was on the path to be an English teacher.  It was a demanding program & I always felt lost.  It never clicked with me.  Shortly after my 2nd year in school, I married the most wonderful man in the world (for me, anyway) & got pregnant 5 months later.  Not willing to tackle a less than pleasant pregnancy AND school, I decided to become a stay at home mom. 

My first birth was not easy.  15 hours of labor & an emergency c-section wiped me out.  Not to mention all the weight I had gained that year (100 lbs.! - 50 of it was a medical issue & the other 50 was pregnancy weight).  I was a wreck.  But that's another story.  When I got home, I had a lot of recovery time on my hands & a sweet little girl that loved to scream all through the night.  I was bored.   So with a camera in one hand & construction paper in the other (I had no idea what acid free meant back then), I started to scrapbook.  That lead into my love of crafting.  Crafting & I clicked.  I found my passion.  Something that makes me...well....me.  And I've had to learn to be alright with loving all kinds of crafting, although I wish there was just one thing I could focus on.  I guess you could say I'm looking for my crafting niche.  You know how the saying goes.....Jack of all trades, master of none.  I don't want to be Jack ;)

  I've since gone back to school as a Fibers major, but am taking yet another hiatus to raise our 4 blessings.  I wouldn't have it any other way. 





One day very soon I hope to open my own etsy shop.  For me, the timing has to be just right & it's not quite time.  But lovely items are in the making & I hope to share them with you very soon.

Have a fabulous day!!
--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: