7.01.2011

ladybugs & mint

Tot requested a chocolate ladybug cake.  Ladybugs are so cute, how could I say no?  Plus, this would be good practice for me since I haven't made a cake since my final cake class a few months ago.  I got to work & sketched out what I hoped would be a fabulous cake for her.

I bought a box mix of chocolate fudge flavored cake.  And then I fashioned some little ladybugs out of chocolate & cherry tootsie rolls to cuten it up a bit.










The kids were delightfully surprised when they tasted Andes mint candies in the middle.  I chopped up an entire package to fill the center of the cake.  Only 2 mints found their way to my mouth before the chopping began.  I promise. 


Happy Friday to you :)
--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: