3.17.2012

here




We are here in Virginia but have yet to find a permanent home.  So for now we are just.... here.  I am adjusting to skinny roads & fast drivers, hills and southern hospitality, yummy food and thick accents.  In a way, I feel like I've always belonged here.  I thought moving so far away from all that is familiar would be hard and it would take time to adjust.  Fortunately,  the transition here has been much easier than I ever imagined it would be.




For the time being, our family of six is squished into a tiny apartment and we plan to stay until the school year is over.  I hoped to homeschool our littles for the remainder of the school year, but the program I wanted to enroll them in online is closed for the current year.  So the Mr. & I made a last minute change of plans and enrolled them in the local schools.  Surprisingly, the kids have adjusted well.  They are advanced academically & love the schools they are in.  And getting to ride the bus is always a plus, too.




We begin the search for a new home this next week. I am over the moon excited to see what house we will soon call home. I am without the internet while we live in our tiny space but hope to remedy that after a visit to a new cell carrier in a few short days. So posts here will be thin till we have something figured out. Until then, I hope you all have a lovely day.

--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: