6.18.2010

NEW THINGS

Booga had Cub Scout Day Camp this week. It was 3 days from 12ish - 10ish. I went as an adult leader on day 3. Having no idea what to expect, I went to do what I was told by other leaders who had been before. It was hot, but bearable, & I did just fine with spf 70 sunblock, my favorite (& only) hat, & my new-ish jean capris. My poor shoes couldn't take another beating & ended up in the trash when I got home. I guess that's just a good excuse for me to get some of these:

SOURCE

While there, I got to try my luck at 2 new sports - archery & shooting.


I'll admit, I am a total moron with a bow & arrow. It took me 3 tries before I realized the arrow had to lock onto the bowstring. Duh, what was I thinking?? It made me feel a little better that I almost popped one of the balloon targets on try #4. I've decided archery is hard & that my flabby arms just aren't made for that sport. I'm working toward a better-shaped me so maybe I'll try again in the future.

I've never shot a gun in my life. In fact, I can't remember if there's been a time where I've even touched a gun. Mind you, this was a Cub Scout activity, so the guns just shot out mini bb's. I got to shoot 10 bb's total. And I must have done alright cuz one hit the bullseye & all but 3 hit the black target on the paper. It was kinda fun.

we heart it: archery & guns

I'm looking forward to going next year :)
Have you ever tried a fun sport??

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: