12.15.2010

5 Merry & Bright DIY's: Day 3

Today's DIY is simple & fun.  My little family put these merry paper chains together while watching a Madagascar Christmas special a couple of weeks ago.  I love how it frames our vintage Chrismtas village.  I love even more that my kids helped make them.  My mom helped my sisters and I make paper chains for our Christmas tree each year when I was a little girl.  It's fun to pass little traditions like this along.

You only need 3 supplies to make these: construction paper, paper trimmer to cut the paper into strips, tape

**Hint - make sure your strips are not too wide.  I cut ours to about 1 inch x 5.5 inches.





 We even had enough for the fireplace.  I wish we had a shelf over our fireplace so I could hang our stockings.  But that's a project for another day...... :)




**On a side note - This sweet girl has been home with us for 3 days now.  We discovered she had head lice on Saturday.  I'm happy to say that she is lice free today & will be back to school tomorrow.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. 


I'll be back tomorrow with a fun DIY centerpiece idea! 
--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: