2.24.2011

organizing: bills

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this little file box.  It has an enforced hole on each side so I can carry it with two fingers and an attached lid (my favorite feature).  We've been living paycheck to paycheck for several years now and decided it was time to really get organized and figure out just where all of our money is going to. 


I spent the bulk of yesterday making labels for the new box.  Each folder holds different receipts: bills paid, gas, groceries, eating out, dog, medical, government trips (for The Mr.), tithing & home/misc.


At the end of each month, I just have to add the receipts up & jot it down on an excel spreadsheet I created(a good way to keep all the info in one place). We have already discovered Target must be our favorite place and can't seem to leave that fabulous store without spending some moolah.  So we've decided that we can only go there on a needs-only basis.  But of course there are so many lovely things there that I want ;)


Here's to responsible spending!!
--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: