3.11.2011

in a rut

So I've kinda been in this rut lately.  You know....a how-long-is-my-daughter-going-to-drive-me-nuts-&-I-desperately-need-a-date-with-The Mr.-and-I-need-to-find-happiness-because-it-ran-away-from-&-hasn't-come-back-yet kind of rut. 

Things have been sort of blah lately.  Can you tell?  So I've been thinking about said rut today and decided on 2 things. 

First, getting rid of clutter will make me much happier.  There is something about a clean home that calms me.  Spring Break started today and my kid's rooms will be tackled and toys purged.  I'm a little excited about this.

Second, if you are always looking for happiness then you will miss the happy that is already surrounding you.  It just so happens that I was reading the March 2011 issue of Whole Living magazine today and found the answer to my distress on page 76.  At the bottom it reads: "Know that happiness is always available to you.  The moment you see the truth of this, you can be happy right away.  There's nothing that needs to happen first for you to be happy.You don't need to do anything else, go anywhere else, reform yourself, or become a different person.  Happiness is very simple.  It's only our tendency to complicate things that make it difficult.  Happiness is about being receptive, about opening to what's good in the present moment - here, now, and this."

Well said.

So what made me happy today?  Making shadow puppets with Nonee on our front room wall with his Buzz Lightyear flashlight.  I know he's barely four years old, but somehow he has a way of calming me while creating simple happy memories.  Children are amazing that way. 


By the way, The Mr. & I are going on a date tonight ;)  Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,
--Anna

2 comments:

  1. oh date night fun - have a great time! We are in major need of one of those too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Thanks for the happiness-is-all-around quote.

    ReplyDelete

These lovely people had something to say: