5.09.2011

weekend recap: Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend was lovely.  As I hope yours was.  Women are truly amazing and I am grateful for the good ones whom I've had the privilege to know in my life.  I am truly blessed.

We began our little celebration with breakfast (brought to me by my sweet Mr. & the kids via McDonalds).  Now normally I don't eat at said restaraunt, however the Mr. is a very busy man as of late (working 2 jobs and is almost never home) so I smiled and ate happily.  Secretly, I love love love their breakfast sausage patties.  I wish the breakfasts came with 2 of them.  Then I'd eat there more, I think ;)  And I got a pretty bouquet of mums & other flowers which now sit in a mason jar on our kitchen table.  I adore fresh flowers.

{My 4 kids.  4.  I can't believe I have 4 kids.  Sometimes it's surreal.}

Sunday was more of the same treatment.  Church was lovely & all the women were given a CD of pretty music.  Once home,  I got to take an uninterrupted nap - something I rarely get to do.  And then we had dinner at my grandma's home with my mom and aunt.  What a special day it was.  I am so grateful to my Mr. for letting me relax the entire weekend.  I didn't lift a finger & that hasn't happened in quite a while.  It has rejuvenated me and I am ready to tackle motherhood a little while longer.


{My little family.  I love them so much.  Even though Nonee hates having his pictures taken, my 2 oldest were occupied with things in the sky & Tot was a little camera hyper.  I don't care.  They are all sweet and they are all mine.}

It has only been recently that I have realized that parenthood and motherhood are two different things.  I'm pretty sure I have the parenthood thing down quite a bit better than motherhood.  Parenthood is the technical side of things - chores, teaching your children about drugs, taking care of business.  Motherhood is nurturing and loving and providing your children with experiences that will bring your family closer together and shape them into happy people.  So after much self-evaluation, I have decided to focus more on motherhood and see where it takes me.  I want to make everyday life just a little more magical for the sweet children my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with.  I know I can't do it alone.  That's why I am so grateful for the women in my life.

{The kids with Nana - my mom}

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything special?
--Anna
**photos edited in photobucket with cross process photo app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: