5.15.2012

sometimes i wear vintage

I've always been drawn to vintage style. Simple, uncomplicated style. Living on a tight budget has pushed me toward the necessity to shop for thrifted clothing for our whole family. Trips to our local Goodwill come before excursions to Target. I love the thrill of the hunt. Finding the perfect vintage piece to add to my wardrobe is pretty darn exciting . I'd say it fits somewhere between watching my favorite show at night & the Mr. taking me out for some frozen yogurt. Oh my:)

Since our move to Virginia two months ago, I have found it necessary to visit a thrift shop or two because 90% of my wardrobe is in storage. As I've mentioned here before, we currently rent a tiny apartment. And when you have 6 people squished into a tiny apartment, that means there is no room - or closet space - for clothes. We live creatively, what can I say?



My favorite thrifted find are new skirts for church. I happened upon this red one and knew just from looking at it that it would be a perfect fit. I like to pair it with a striped shirt for a nautical feel. Throw on a fun necklace and this is one fun outfit (even if it is all wrinkled after a long morning at church).  Now if I can just figure out what to do with my hair....but that's another post altogether.
 

Have a lovely day,
--Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: