2.09.2013

home decor//mixed frames

I'm sneaking in a little bit of blogging today (my weekend schedule is CRAZY).  Sigh.  All I want to do is plop down on the couch and watch a long movie like Steel Magnolias and eat chocolate chip cookies.  Instead I am running the kiddos all over and I have yet to see my hubby today.  A bright spot??  Carter won his basketball game today.  Boo that I missed it to get Tatum to a birthday party across town but I am so proud of him and the Mr. who is coaching this year.

On to today's post......I wanted to share another simple way to add some pictures to your walls.  Every time I go to thrift stores, I head right for the frames section.   In a handful of trips, I found four frames that had enough decoration to make them visually interesting.  They are each a different size so in order to make them look cohesive, I spray painted them a glossy white.  To break up all the white, I added a black letter B and a black plaque to the mix.   Before hanging them, I laid the frames out on the floor and moved them around until I came up with an arrangement I liked.  Then I adhered 3M strips to the backs of them and hung the center frames first, working my way out from there.


 I filled the frames with simple prints.  Here are my sources:


Center Frame: Chalkboard printable

Letter B
Michaels

No 3 print

Families Are Forever Plaque
LDS bookstore – Mesa

Love At Home print
made by me using PSE10

Be Strong & Of Good Courage

Do you have grouped frames on your wall?  I'd love to see!  Share a link in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: