5.05.2013

sunday style//plaid and waves



Last weekend, the Mr. & I squeezed a little shopping time into our busy schedule and I came home with a cute green plaid shirt from Old Navy's clearance section.  I never buy anything in green - ever.  But now I am officially in love with the color.  I paired my new top with my favorite thrifted red pencil skirt and thrifted tan heels.



I also fancied up a thrifted necklace by adding extra links in the back to add some length and then attached a skeleton key I purchased while on a family trip to Tombstone, Arizona to the front.  It's cute enough to wear to church and fun enough to wear during the week.



I like to get all gussied up for church each Sunday, it being the only day of the week I dress up and do my hair.  I was lucky enough to win a Jose Eber clipless curling iron from Rachel over at Smile And Wave recently.  It is amazing.  Truly.  I will never go back to using a regular curling iron again.  It took some getting used to as my new iron has no clamp on the barrel to hold the hair down.  Instead, a glove is included to wear on the hand you wrap your hair around the heated barrel with.  No more frazzled hair ends.  And I get beautiful waves of hair every time.  If you are in the market for a new curling iron, I give this one my full recommendation.  I know I didn't have to pay for mine, but it I think it's worth every penny.

**just pretend you don't see those ugly garbage cans in the back, okay??**




No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: