11.13.2014

turning 37 (for real this time)




Yes, it's true.  As of Monday, I am officially 37 years old.   For real this time.  And here's how I figured out that I wasn't really turning 37 last year.....

On my birthday last year, I told the world on instagram that it was my birthday and that I was oh so happy to be 37.  A few weeks later, I mention during a conversation at the dinner table that I liked being 37.  No, loved being 37. My sweet husband looked at me and said, "You are not 37.  You're 36."  I looked at him and said, "No way.  I'm 37!"  He said, "No, you're 36.  I had to check church records last week for something and saw that you are 36.  So you're not 37.  You are 36."  I burst out laughing, thinking of the ridiculousness of going a whole year thinking I was a whole year older than I really was.  I tried to quickly do the math in my head, but I am really bad at math unless I have a paper and pencil in front of me, so I just had to trust him.

So this year I am telling people that I am 37 for real this time.  And Noah made me a birthday card that says, "Happy Birthday Mom!  You're actually 37!"  It was the sweetest.  So here's to being 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: